How to apply for Temporary Residence Card in Vietnam?
Foreigners who wish to stay in Vietnam for a long term without applying or renewing every 3 month visa need to have a temporary residence card issued by the authorized provincial office managing Entry and Exit under the Ministry of Public Security. This card acts as a proof of identity and an entry visa when a foreign traveler enters and exits Vietnam. Its validity lasts from 1 to 3 years. Here are basic regulations and procedures to apply for Temporary Residence Card (TRC):
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- Be member of a limited company with at least 2 members
- Be owner of one member Limited Company in Vietnam (except for Representative of being authorized)
- Be member of Board of Directors of a Vietnamese Joint-stock Company
- Foreign Lawyers are granted with law work permit in Vietnam
- Foreign employers with related work permit working in Vietnamese enterprises or Representative offices of foreign company in Vietnam
- Professionals, students, trainees working or studying in national programs and projects signed by ministries and approved by the Government
- Be family member of those who were granted with Vietnam temporary or permanent residence card)
HOW TO APPLY FOR TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD?
- Must be valid from 12 to 24 months
- Original Passport
- Photos 3x4cm size (3)
Processing time and Fees
|Type of Resident Card||Processing Time||Fee|
|1 Year||5 working days||$200|
|2 Years||5 working days||$250|
|3 Years||5 working days||$300|
Have a nice day!
Vietnam Immigration Team