It is possible to apply for a Vietnam visa extension or visa renewal service in Vietnam without leaving the country. The service of visa Vietnam extension or renewal is easy to find and apply for in major cities of Vietnam such as Ho Chi Minh City, Ha Noi, and Da Nang. What happens if you overstay your visa in Vietnam? What should you do when you overstay your visa in Vietnam? Don’t worry too much about the procedure since it is rather simple and takes you not too much time. Today, we would like to share with all of you a guideline and some notes during the processing of the Vietnam visa extension and visa renewal. What’s the difference between such many services as Vietnam Visa renewal and Visa extension? Which one is easier, cheaper? So please consider carefully before making a decision based on your budget and your plan. Do you want to explore right now? Please take a tour with us!
Foreigners wish to extend their visa for temporary staying permission in Vietnam with the purpose of business, working, investment, study, visiting relatives, traveling, or other. They could extend their stay by using a visa extension or renewal service in Vietnam, conducting this service depends on their current visa and purpose, visa extension allows them to stay more in Vietnam without leaving the country. Meanwhile, visa renewal means that you are granted a new visa stamp and visa sticker on your passport with the new duration permission.
ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT VISA EXTENSION IN VIETNAM
Extending the visa in Vietnam means that the Vietnam Immigration Department will issue a new visa extension stamp on the passport with a new expiry date, so you are able to stay in Vietnam until that day.
With visa renewal or visa extension in Vietnam, you do not need to leave the country, because the visa extension process will be done while you are in Vietnam.
The Vietnam visa extension length depends on the current visa type, nationality, port of entry name, and the applicant’s needs. So, we recommend you contact directly to our team to check your case.
Your visa must be extended or renewed before the expiration date to make sure that you will not be charged the penalty fee of overstaying. The Visa extension in Vietnam must be applied from 5 to 7 days before the visa expiration date, and it takes 5 working days to complete the procedure.
The visa extension in Vietnam includes the following cases:
– Business Visa: can be extended for 3 months maximum only
– Tourist Visa: can be extended for 3 months maximum only
– Vietnam visa exemption: can be extended for 15 days or 30 days maximum
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A VIETNAM VISA EXTENSION AND VISA RENEWAL IN VIETNAM
Before your Vietnam visa expiration, the visa extension or visa renewal service in Vietnam is easier, cheaper, and faster,…how can you totally understand the difference between visa extension and visa renewal in Vietnam, you may wonder what is differences between the two are and requirements for Vietnam visa extension and visa renewal in Vietnam. So, let’s analyze for you as below.
Vietnam visa extension:
This means that you will get a new visa extension stamp with new staying duration permission in Vietnam and it allows you to stay more in Vietnam only without reentering if you leave Vietnam before your visa expired. So, it means you must apply for a new visa if you wish to come back to Vietnam after leaving.
– The visa extension service fee is much cheaper;
– The procedure of visa extension is easier than the Visa renewal service.
– The Visa extension service in Vietnam is appropriate for someone who enters Vietnam with a visa exemption or a tourist visa.
– The maximum validity of visa extension can be approved for 3 months with single entry only
In order to apply for a visa extension in Vietnam, your current visa has to correspond with your stay-extending requirement and meet some requirements of the Vietnam Immigration Department.
Visa Renewal Vietnam:
– Is appropriate for someone who wishes to have a new visa stamp and visa sticker paper on their passport with the new duration permission, the new visa can be issued such as single or multiple entries.
– The maximum validity of visa renewal can be approved for 3 months with single or multiple entries, and up to 1 year maximum with a foreigner who granted a Vietnam work permit or work permit exemption
– The staying length is valid from 1 month to 1 year depending on the purpose of entry, needs, current visa type, nationality, and what documents you already have.
– The Vietnam visa renewal fee is higher than the Visa Extension fee because we have to pay for the visa stamping fee and visa sticker fee.
– The Vietnam visa renewal service is ready for someone who has a valid visa with visa sticker paper and visa code DN, LD, DT, NN1, NN2, LV
WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU OVERSTAY YOUR VISA IN VIETNAM?
What happens if you overstay your visa in Vietnam? And what should you do when you overstay your visa in Vietnam? Overstaying your visa means that you stay longer in Vietnam than the given time on your visa’s validity.
If you overstay your visa for a period of fewer than 3 days, you are not required to go to the Immigration department; you can pay directly at the airport and get an exit visa to leave the country. The average penalty fee for a longer overstay will be about 500,000VND ($25USD) per day.
In case of overstaying, there are two types of penalty fees:
* You must pay the fine for overstaying
* You must pay:
Case 1: You would like to prolong your stay in Vietnam: Visa extension fee. A few legal documents will be required for this process, so contact the Immigration Department or visa agent in advance.
Note: If you overstay your visa due to a lost passport, you must contact your embassy/ consulate and apply for a new passport/travel permit/diplomatic note, then contact the police, write up the passport lost report, and finally arrange for a visa extension or visa renewal in Vietnam through the Immigration Department.
Case 2: You are forced to leave the country: Exit fee
Of course, the longer you overstay, the more complicated the procedure will be as the Immigration Department will need to track your legal activity record during this overstay period.
Please keep in your mind that overstaying is a serious offense, so let’s pay attention to your visa validity and your date of departure. As human beings, we sometimes ignore it, so please take it seriously.
STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE TO APPLYING FOR VISA EXTENSION IN VIETNAM
With the aim of getting more and more opportunities to assist our international clients, Visa5s.com has also provided a visa extension service in Vietnam. If you are staying in Ho Chi Minh City or neighboring provinces, or cities, we have our expert team who can advise the best solution for services of visa renewal, visa extension, or Vietnam visa run in Vietnam based on the current visa type, nationality, and your needs, our team also comes in person to pick up your documents at your address.
Before confirming the service of Vietnam visa extension or visa renewal without leaving the country for foreigners in Vietnam, we recommend you follow the below steps:
Step 1: Provide us scanned copies of your passport, current Vietnam visa, Vietnam entry stamp, and port of entry name, and the most important thing is your needs. Based on the documents we review it and advise at least 2 options for your choice
– Vietnam visa renewal service;
– Vietnam visa extension service or
– Vietnam visa run service in Ho Chi Minh City
Step 2: We confirm the suitable solution and all information you need to make your decision on the service
Inform you about the Vietnam visa extension fee, visa renewal service fee, and – Vietnam visa run service to Moc Bai
– Requirements for the service of visa extension in Vietnam
– Term of payment;
– Processing time for the service of visa extension and visa renewal service
Step 3: Preparing all required documents for Visa extension in Vietnam
3.1 Required documents for current visa type as ĐN, ĐT, LV, TT
Foreigners who are traveling, working, or staying in Vietnam, containing a valid visa and passport marked the visa type of DN / DT/ LD / NN1 / NN2 / TT should have dossiers as follows:
– The company’s legal entity files include:
+ Notarized certified copy of business registration certificate or investment registration certificate or establish Representative Office;
+ Seal registration certificate and tax code registration certificate (if any);
– The original passport;
– A valid Vietnam visa;
– Vietnam work permit (if any);
– The Visa renewal form was signed and sealed by the company’s legal representative
– Original certificate of temporary residence in Vietnam (residence record);
– In case of foreigners accompany their relatives, it’s required to provide written proof of family relationships (the documents must be legalized, translated, and notarized to comply with the provisions of the law:
+ The relatives recognized as spouses must have a marriage certificate.
+ The relatives recognized as children must have a birth certificate.
3.2 Required documents for current visa type as DL and Vietnam visa exemption
Foreigners who come to Vietnam for the purpose of tourists, and relative visitors containing a valid visa and passport marked the visa type of DL, or visa exemption stamp should prepare the following dossiers:
The original passport;
– A valid Vietnam visa marked as DL or visa exemption stamp
– Port of entry name;
– Your current address in Vietnam;
– Original certificate of temporary residence in Vietnam (if any);
You must apply to extend your Vietnam Visa some days before your visa date expires; it’d be better before at least 1 week (for 3 months visa, preferably 2 weeks). Because it takes you 7 days to finish submitting your passport and requirement at Vietnam Immigration Department Office, so applying soon may help you active in some ways.
3.3 If your passport is lost or stolen, you must follow the following steps:
1. Obtain a passport loss report certified by the local police station where you are temporarily staying;
2. Apply for a new travel document as a passport/ travel permit/diplomatic note from the Embassy or Consulate-General;
3. Obtain a letter of confirmation from the Embassy or Consulate-General;
4. Obtain an exit or replacement visa in order to leave Vietnam.
Step 4: Submitting the dossiers to Vietnam Immigration Department for Visa extension in Vietnam, if the documents are in sufficient condition, you just wait for the new extension stamp with the new staying duration permission in Vietnam; the result of the visa extension comes around 7 working days
You can directly pay a visit to the Vietnam Immigration Department; or use the visa extension service from travel agencies; here is the contact details of the three major Immigration Departments located in all 3 of the major cities of Vietnam as the following:
4.1 In Ho Chi Minh City:
– The Ho Chi Minh City Police Department’s Immigration Office: 196 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai Street, Ward 6, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City
– Ministry of Public Security Department Of Immigration: 254 Nguyen Trai Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
4.2 In Da Nang:
– Police Department’s Immigration Office: 78 Le Loi, Thach Thang, Hai Chau, Da Nang
– Ministry of Public Security Department Of Immigration: 7 Tran Quy Cap, Da Nang City
4.3 In Ha Noi:
– Ha Noi Police Department’s Immigration Office 44 Pham Ngoc Thach, Phuong Lien, Dong Da, Ha Noi
– Ministry of Public Security Department Of Immigration: 44-46 Tran Phu Street, Hanoi, Vietnam
Step 5: Collect the result of the Vietnam visa extension and handing over the passport and new visa extension stamp to you.